Last Updated on August 23, 2023 by Hannah Stevens
The federal government spends more than $14,479.00 millions dollars annually in grants and additional local funding sources of $12.997.00 million dollars. This is because small and large businesses are the backbone of Arizona’s economic growth. Arizona has 104,191 businesses. These establishments are broken down into the following:
Arizona Business Sectors by Size:
- 62,193 businesses in Arizona have between 0 and 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home as sole proprietors.
- 16,924 businesses in Arizona have between 5 and 9 employees
- 10,372 businesses in Arizona have between 10 and 19 employees
- 9,132 businesses in Arizona have between 20 and 99 employees
- 2,607 businesses in Arizona have between 100 and 499 employees
- 2,963 businesses in Arizona have more than 500 employees
Arizona Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- The Professional, Scientific and Technical Services industry have 16,583 Arizona Businesses under its registry
- The Administrative, Support, Waste Management and Remediation Services sectors have 8,535 Arizona Businesses under its registry
- The Accommodation and food services sector have 11,603 Arizona Businesses under its registry
- Arizona has more than 10,914 registered companies. They are service-oriented businesses that are not yet included in the above categories.
You may also be eligible for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. Arizona has more than 16,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Arizona
It is difficult to start and manage a small business in Arizona. In Arizona, more than $82,941,000.00 US dollars is spent on employee salaries/payroll. Every year, over 40.677 businesses go bankrupt. The federal government doesn’t provide grants to entrepreneurs for expanding or starting a business. However, small business grants in Arizona are available to help business owners start and grow their ventures. Grant recipients don’t have to repay the government funding. It is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact Arizona to apply for grants for businesses Arizona financial aid agencies .
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: