Clark County CARES Housing Assistance Program

Last Updated on August 22, 2023 by Hannah Stevens

What is CHAP?

The CARES Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) provides assistance for Clark County residents who are in severe financial hardship or have no income or resources to rent housing or utilities due to the COVID-19 crisis or response to that emergency.

Important Information about CHAP:

The amount of assistance will depend on whether CARES Act grant funding is available and the individual household assessment. Applications will continue to be accepted until all funds run out.

Are you interested in more Free Money Grants and Government Grants for Individuals?

Who is eligible to apply for CHAP funds?

To be eligible for assistance, applicants must reside in Clark County, NV, and show how COVID-19 has impacted them.

Did you read our article about COVID-19 Resources | The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey?

START HERE to find out if you qualify for CHAP Assistance

Required Documentation:

To complete your application, you will need the following documents. Please prepare these:

  • Photo identification, regardless of the state of origin
  • Confirmation of household members using a lease agreement or another documentation

For Rental Assistance: A copy of the current lease must be provided in the name of the person (or other household member) who is requesting the assistance.

For Utility Assistance: A copy of the current utility bill under the name of the same household member (or the person) who is requesting assistance.

You should also have a look at our article about Oakland County Michigan: Rent, Mortgage & Utility Relief.

Documentation supporting COVID-19 financial impacts that resulted in one of the following:

  • Loss of employment
  • Reduction in work hours
  • Furlough from employment
  • Reduction in income/salary due to reduced business revenue

Documentation supporting COVID-19 financial impacts may include, but not limited to:

  • Previous pay stubs prior to COVID-19, and current pay stubs to show loss of income
  • Proof of Unemployment Insurance Benefits (UIB)
    • Present proof of application in any status, including pending, approved, or denied
  • Employer Statement/Letter