Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
With more than $2,125.00 million dollars in grants and additional local government funding sources of $1,679.00 million dollars, the majority of the federal budget in government grants is put into the business sector every year as small businesses and large corporations are the foundation of the economic growth in Delaware. There are 19,741 business establishments in the state of Delaware, and they break down to the following:
Delaware Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 10,972 businesses in Delaware have between 0 and 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home as sole proprietors.
- 2,982 businesses in Delaware have between 5 to 9 employees.
- 1,930 businesses in Delaware have between 10-19 employees.
- 1,771 businesses in Delaware have between 20-99 employees.
- 681 businesses in Delaware have between 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 1,405 businesses in Delaware have over 500 employees.
Delaware Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- The Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector have 2,406 Delaware Businesses under its registry
- The Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector have 1,400 Delaware Businesses under its registry
- The Accommodation and Food Services sector have 1,873 Delaware Businesses under its registry
- Delaware has more than 2,154 registered companies. They are service-oriented businesses that are not yet included in the above categories.
You may also be eligible for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. Arizona has more than 3,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Delaware
It is difficult to start and manage a small business in Delaware. In Delaware, more than $16,777.392,000.00 US dollars is spent on employee salaries and payroll. Every year, over 4,533 companies declare bankruptcy. The federal government doesn’t provide grants to entrepreneurs for expanding or starting a business. However, small business grants can be granted in Delaware to help business owners start and grow their ventures. Grant recipients don’t have to repay the grant funding. It is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact Delaware to apply for grants for businesses Delaware financial aid agencies .
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: