Disability Grants in Oklahoma

Last Updated on August 23, 2023 by Hannah Stevens

This page contains current information about where you can find disability grants in Oklahoma for wheelchair vans. There are many places that can help you pay for a new or used handicap van, or lease or pay for equipment and accessibility conversions. The top resources have been compiled and collected for you.

You can find government agencies and organizations in Oklahoma that offer grants for disabled people. While others can help you find financial assistance that you may be eligible for. They can also help you understand your needs and explain your situation since they are aware of all the options.

Furthermore, in-state chapters of disability-specific organizations can provide reliable information and disability grants. Contact local foundations and associations that are devoted with your cause of limited mobility.

Sources for Oklahoma Disability Grants and Assistance

Oklahoma Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)

The ADRCs of Oklahoma serve as information clearinghouses for the elderly and disabled residents. These clearinghouses provide easy access to every information about the available assistance and benefits you might need. Ask for assistance in applying for disability grants to purchase a wheelchair van.

This is the same as the ADRC Disability Grants in Ohio.

Oklahoma Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)

Oklahoma has 11 AAA branches. They provide assistance to seniors in the state, helping them retain their independence and engage in life despite the challenges that come with aging.

Oklahoma Assistive Technology Center (OATC)

OATC aims to provide high-quality assistive technology to people with disabilities living Oklahoma, so that they can live more productive and involved lives. Find out where you can get assistance paying for your wheelchair van, or accessibility modifications and equipment.

Contact Information:

1600 N. Phillips Ave.

Oklahoma City, OK 73104

(405) 271-3625 or (800) 700-6282)

Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)

DRS is the primary state agency that assists residents with disabilities to achieve independence and economic self-sufficiency through work. A disability grant may be available to you if you will be able to provide for yourself financially if you have a handicap van.

Contact Information:

3535 N.W. 58th Street, Suite 500

Oklahoma City, OK 73112

(405) 951-3400 or (800) 845-8476

[email protected]

Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)

Oklahoma’s DVA acts as a liaison between residents veterans and their families, and the State or Federal agencies that provide benefits to them, such as the US DVA. If you became physically disabled during your service, or any subsequent DVA care, it can arrange for disability grants.

Contact Information:

2311 N. Central

Oklahoma City, OK 73105

(405) 521-3684 or (888) 655-2838

[email protected]

This is the same as the VA Disability Grants in Oregon.

Oklahoma Developmental Disabilities Council (DDC)

The DDC of Oklahoma has been protecting the rights and helping people with developmental disabilities in Oklahoma since 1973. They help these people attain fulfillment through participatory lives. You may be eligible for grant money from the Council to enable your family to move more easily and become more active.

Contact Information:

2401 NW 23rd Street, Suite 74

Oklahoma City, OK 73107

(405) 521-4984 or (800) 836-4470

[email protected]

Oklahoma Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

The Governor-appointed representatives make up the SILCs of every state, and a majority of them have a disability. You can request from the council information about how to improve your quality of life and increase your independence through financial aid applicable toward a handicapped-accommodating vehicle in the state of Oklahoma.

Contact Information:

3535 NW 58th Street, Suite 480

Oklahoma City, OK 73112

(405) 951-3581

[email protected]

Southwest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

This is an important resource for Oklahoma residents with disabilities. The Southwest ADA Center protects and advances the independence, rights and standard of living of the disabled population within its designated region.

Contact Information:

2323 S. Shepherd, #1000

Houston, TX 77019

(713) 520-0232 or (800) 949-4232

[email protected]