Disability Grants in Oregon

Last Updated on August 23, 2023 by Hannah Stevens

There are many state-based resources available in Oregon that can help you fund your accessible wheelchair van. This applies whether you are buying or leasing a new or used accessible van, or making modifications to your vehicle to allow for adaptive driving or access. Oregon disability grants make it possible to acquire a handicapped-accommodating vehicle much quicker than you might think.

Filing paperwork for grants for disabled people is not the hardest part. It’s actually finding ones to apply for. However, your job is now much easier. The list below includes financial assistance for Oregon residents with disabilities. It also contains some in-the-know local groups that can help to find the best sources of financial assistance you might not have found out on your own.

Furthermore, there are many other great state-based sources of assistance and financial aid. Among these are local chapters of foundations, associations, organizations, and other bodies committed to helping people with your specific disability.

Sources for Oregon Disability Grants and Assistance

Blanche Fischer Foundation (BFF)

BFF is a nonprofit charity foundation that provides grants directly to qualified residents of Oregon with physical disabilities. It was established in 1981 from a trust named after its founder.

Contact Information:

1511 SW Sunset Blvd., Suite 1

Portland, OR 97239

(503) 246-4941

[email protected]

The Institute on Development and Disability

This group is involved in outreach, research, and other support services to help the disabled population living in the state. Persons with limited mobility in Oregon should check with the Institute for disability grant sources for a handicapped-accessible vehicle.

Contact Information:

707 SW Gaines St.

Portland, OR 97239

(503) 494-8364

[email protected]

Northwest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

You can find all kinds of assistance and services at the Northwest ADA Center if you are a person with a disability living in Oregon. This is your branch of the National Network of ADA Centers.

Contact Information:

Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation

University of Washington

6912 220th St S.W., Suite 105

Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

(800) 949-4232

Oregon Aging and Disabilities Resource Centers (ADRCs)

The ADRCs in Oregon are considered as “one-stop shops” providing information and support to the state’s elderly and disabled population. Their assistance is comprehensive and always current. Therefore, contact your local office.

Contact Information:

(855) 673-2372

[email protected]

Oregon Association of Area Agencies on Aging and Disabilities (O4AD)

O4AD is a prime advocate and service provider for senior citizens and people with disabilities living in Oregon. It oversees all offices across the state.

Contact Information:

P.O. Box 12189

3410 Cherry Ave NE

Salem OR 97309

(503) 463-8692

[email protected]

Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD)

The Oregon CDD is open to any resident who meets the federally-established guidelines for persons with developmental disabilities. It offers grant money as well as many other forms of support.

Contact Information:

540 24th Place NE

Salem, OR 97301-4517

(503) 945-9941 or (800) 292-4154

[email protected]

Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA)

The Oregon VA strives to assist veterans and their families to have better lives. There are many benefits offered. These benefits include disability grants for veterans who have lost their mobility while on active duty, or receiving VA care. These grants can be used to obtain a wheelchair van.

Contact Information:

  • Salem Office:

700 Summer St NE

Salem, OR 97301-1285

  • Portland Office:

100 SW Main St Ste 200

Portland, OR 97204-2822

(503) 373-2000 or (800) 828-8801 or benefit claims (800) 692-9666

This is similar to the VA Disability Grants in Pennsylvania.

Oregon Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVRS)

Oregon’s OVRS was created to help disabled individuals to further their ability to be employed. It provides many services and all kinds of assistance. This agency may also offer a disability grant for disabled people who need a wheelchair van, or accessibility equipment and modifications to help them look for and keep a job.

Contact Information:

OVRS Administration Unit

Department of Human Services

500 Summer St. NE E-87

Salem, OR 97301

(503) 945-5880 or (877) 277-0513

[email protected]

Oregon Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

The SILC is there to make sure persons with disabilities living in Oregon are able to have input in their state’s policies and independent living centers. Although it cannot award grants to individuals directly, it can point you towards other sources that might.

Contact Information:

500 Summer Street NE E87

Salem, OR 97301-1063

(503) 945-6204

[email protected]

Oregon Technology Access Program (OTAP)

OTAP supports families of children with disabilities in Oregon to assist them in acquiring and using the assistive technology that benefits them. It offers education and information, equipment training, and other support. They may also tell you about funding opportunities for a wheelchair van for your child.

Contact Information:

1871 NE Stephens

Roseburg, OR 97470

(541) 440-4791

This is similar to the technology Disability Grants in Oklahoma.

Oregon’s Statewide Assistive Technology Program

This chapter, which was established in 1990, is Oregon’s chapter of national network that offers assistive technology programs. It is committed to increase accessibility of assistive technology for the disabled population of Oregon. It provides financial assistance, training, device loans for testing before buying, and more.

Contact Information:

Administrative Offices and Computer Lab

3070 Lancaster Drive NE

Salem, OR 97305

(503) 361-1201 or (800) 677-7512

[email protected]