Last Updated on August 22, 2023 by Hannah Stevens
A group of volunteers from the local service industry has created the El Paso Food and Beverage Workers Fund (EPFB Workers Fund) to provide a grant for Workforce Solutions Borderplex to help food and beverage workers in this time of difficult crisis. They operate to help those in El Paso, Santa Teresa, New Mexico, and Sunland Park who have been recently unemployed or have been working reduced hours due to a temporary closure as a result of the pandemic.
Workforce Solutions Borderplex will award selected recipients according to established criteria and funds raised. Below is the application information.
Are you interested in more Free Money Grants and Government Grants for Individuals?
Please use this link to make a donation. You can also mail donations made payable to the Paso del Norte Community Foundation, with a note indicating that they are for the El Paso Food and Beverage Workers Fund to:
Paso del Norte Community Foundation
221 N. Kansas Street, Suite 1900
El Paso, Texas 79901
You can also drop off donations at this location between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM on Wednesdays.
Did you take a look at COVID-19 EMERGENCY INFORMATION AND RESOURCES – Northern Virginia Family Service?
Please submit the following information to [email protected] to begin your application:
- Legal Name, Mailing Address, Telephone Number, Email Address
- Copy of a formal notice of temporary closure/termination of employment at a restaurant or bar in El Paso County Sunland Park, Santa Teresa, and New Mexico from March 18, 2020 and onwards
- As proof of employment, a letter must be addressed personally to the applicant.
- Text messages from employers and/or applications to Unemployment will not be accepted
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and considered
- Representatives of PdNCF will not contact employers on behalf of applicants
This is a unique way to support the local workforce.
You should also have a look at the Texas Rent Relief Program.