Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
The federal government spends more than $3,258.00million dollars annually in grants and local funding sources of $2.560.00 million dollars. This is because small and large businesses are the backbone of economic growth in Hawaii. The state of Hawaii has 25,746 businesses. They are broken down into the following:
Hawaii Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 14,320 businesses in Hawaii have between 0 and 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home as sole proprietors.
- 4,658 businesses in Hawaii have between 5 and 9 employees.
- 2,846 businesses in Hawaii have between 10 and 19 employees.
- 2,404 businesses in Hawaii have between 20 and 99 employees.
- 610 businesses in Hawaii have between 100 and 499 employees.
- Over 908 businesses in Hawaii have more than 500 employees.
Hawaii Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- The Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector has 3,297 Hawaii Businesses under its registry.
- The Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector has 1,890 Hawaii Businesses under its registry.
- The Accommodation and Food Services sector has 3,539 Hawaii Businesses under its registry.
- Hawaii has more than 3,552 registered companies. They are service-oriented businesses that are not yet included in the above categories.
You may also be eligible for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. Hawaii has more than 8,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Hawaii
It is difficult to start and manage a small business in Hawaii. In Hawaii, more than $17,742,683,000.00 US dollars is spent on employee salaries and payroll. Every year, over 3,675 companies declare bankruptcy. The federal government doesn’t provide grants to entrepreneurs for expanding or starting a business. However, small business grants can be made available in Hawaii to help business owners start and grow their ventures. Grant recipients don’t have to repay the grant funding. It is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact us to apply for Hawaii business grants Hawaii financial aid agencies .
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: