Last Updated on August 21, 2023 by Hannah Stevens
Families experiencing financial hardship might be unable to provide life-saving medical care for their pets.
STARelief’s Home for Life grant program provides financial assistance to families with pets who are in dire need of veterinary care.
You can also take a look at the pet grants from all the other states.
Home For Life Grant
The grants typically range between $100 and $500. You must complete the Home for Life grant application and show proof of financial hardship. They will also need all information and material required on the application. Only those with complete applications will be considered for funding.
It is understandable that you are feeling stressed. However, the best way to get the help and support you need is to complete the application and send in all the information. STARelief grants go directly to the service provider/veterinarian. They never send checks to grant recipients.
To be considered for a grant you must:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit a completed application. If you do not send in all of the required information we will not review your application
- Provide proof that your pet is spayed or neutered, unless applying for a spay/neuter grant
- Demonstrate that you have attempted to find other funding through your own means and personal contacts. Here is a list of fundraising suggestions from STARelief. You may download the PDF document and print it. These are FUNDRAISING IDEAS.
- Provide photo(s), and agree to provide updates of your pet(s)
- Agree to allow them to include any, all or part of your story and picture of your pet in our newsletter, website, Facebook, etc.
However, just because you apply for assistance does not mean that you will be approved. They cannot accept all applications due to the sheer volume that they receive. The financial need of the applicant, their emergency situation, and the availability of funding are all factors that determine grant approval. They are an all-volunteer nonprofit, and they will respond to you within 2 to 3 business days.
The funds pledged are only available for 30 days from the date they were originally pledged. All funds are sent directly to the service provider.
The Home For Life program offers assistance for the following services:
Emergency Medical Care
- Emergency Boarding / Foster Care
- Spay / Neuter
- Routine Medical Care (vaccines, microchip, etc)
- End-of-Life Services
Home For Life program does not cover the following:
- Services already performed
- Dental Cleaning
- Ongoing medications or medical treatments
- Unnecessary lab work or x-rays
- Cremation Services
Please complete the Home-for-Life application if you need assistance.
To run the Home for Life Grant program, STARelief relies on donations from kind supporters. Please donate to help them achieve our goal to double the budget for this program before 2015, so that they can increase the amount of grants available.