Last Updated on August 23, 2023 by Hannah Stevens
The federal government spends more than $15,249.00 millions dollars annually in grants and local funding sources of $11,534.00million dollars. This is because small and large businesses are the backbone of economic growth in Louisiana. Louisiana has 81,541 businesses. They are broken down into the following:
Louisiana Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 43,993 businesses in Louisiana have between 0 and 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home as sole proprietors.
- 15,345 businesses in Louisiana have between 5 and 9 employees.
- 9,497 businesses in Louisiana have between 10 and 19 employees.
- 8,579 businesses in Louisiana have between 20 and 99 employees.
- 1,989 businesses in Louisiana have between 100 and 499 employees.
- Over 2,138 businesses in Louisiana have over 500 employees.
Louisiana Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- The Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector have 11,354 Louisiana Businesses under its registry
- The Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector have 4,491 Louisiana Businesses under its registry
- The Accommodation and Food Services sector have 8,216 Louisiana Businesses under its registry
- Louisiana has more than 9,720 registered companies. They are service-oriented businesses that are not yet included in the above categories.
You may also be eligible for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. Louisiana has more than 30,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Louisiana
It is difficult to start and manage a small business here in Louisiana. In Louisiana, more than 61,000387,794,000.00 US Dollars are spent on employee salaries and payroll. Every year, over 19,524 companies declare bankruptcy. The federal government doesn’t provide grants to entrepreneurs for expanding or starting a business. However, small business grants can be granted in Louisiana to help business owners start and grow their ventures. Grant recipients don’t have to repay the grant funding. It is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact Louisiana to apply for business grants Louisiana financial aid agencies .
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: