Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
The federal government spends more than $4,084.00million dollars annually in grants and other funding sources from local governments. This is because small and large businesses are the backbone of Maine’s economic growth. The state of Maine has 33,795 businesses. They are broken down into the following:
Maine Business Sector Breakdown by Size:
- 21,029 businesses in Maine have between 0 and 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home as sole proprietors.
- 5,460 businesses in Maine have between 5 and 9 employees.
- 3,214 businesses in Maine have between 10 and 19 employees.
- 2,460 businesses in Maine have between 20 and 99 employees.
- 649 businesses in Maine have between 100 and 499 employees.
- Over 983 businesses in Maine have over 500 employees.
Maine Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries:
- The Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector have 3,497 Maine Businesses under its registry
- The Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector have 1,949 Maine Businesses under its registry
- The Accommodation and Food Services sector have 3,934 Maine Businesses under its registry
- Maine has more than 3,681 registered companies. They are service-oriented businesses that are not yet included in the above categories.
You may also be eligible for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. Maine has more than 8,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Maine
It is difficult to start and manage a small business here. In Maine, more than 413 businesses file for bankruptcy each year. The federal government doesn’t provide grants to entrepreneurs for expanding or starting a business. However, small business grants in Maine are available to help business owners start and grow their ventures. Grant recipients don’t have to repay the grant funding. It is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact us to apply for Maine business grants Maine financial aid agencies .
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: