Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
The federal government allocates the majority of the budget of more than $3,656.00 million dollars in grants and local government funds of $2.826.00 million dollars annually into the business sector since small businesses and large corporations are the backbone of Nebraska’s economic growth. The state of Nebraska has 41,861 business establishments, and they are broken down into the following:
Nebraska Business Sector Breakdown by Size
- 24,341 registered businesses in Nebraska have 0 to 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home and have sole proprietorship.
- 7,029 registered businesses in Nebraska have 5 to 9 employees.
- 4,351 registered businesses in Nebraska have 10-19 employees.
- 3,743 registered businesses in Nebraska have 20-99 employees.
- 992 registered businesses in Nebraska have 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 1,405 registered businesses in Nebraska have over 500 employees.
Nebraska Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries
- 4,245 registered businesses in Nebraska are in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector.
- 2,611 registered businesses in Nebraska are part of the Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector.
- 4,257 registered businesses in Nebraska belong in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
- More than 5,726 registered businesses in Nebraska are also service orientated businesses, but do not belong in the categories above.
You may also be eligible to apply for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. The state of Nebraska has more than 48,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Nebraska
It is difficult to start and manage a small business in Nebraska. In this state, more than $27,474,673,000.00 US dollars is spent on employee salaries/payroll, and every year, over 7,933 companies declare bankruptcy. Although grants from the federal government are not available for the expansion or creation of businesses publicly, Nebraska provides grants to small business owners that can be used to help them start and grow their business. Moreover, grant recipients don’t have to repay the government funding. So, it is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact Nebraska financial aid agencies to apply for Nebraska business grants.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: