Last Updated on August 9, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
Did you read about the Nonprofit Grants in Texas?
The Utah Nonprofits Association offers its members and partners an opportunity to become part of meaningful and dynamic relationships. UNA will:
UNIFY: Connect communities and nonprofits to deliver services and nonprofit programs
STRENGTHEN: Become the gateway to nonprofit expertise, education, information, and benefits
ELEVATE: Act as the voice and promote the crucial value of the nonprofit sector
UNA’s Priority Strategies
- Facilitate opportunities for collaborations and networking among government, nonprofits, and business groups
- Facilitate opportunities for networking and collaborations among nonprofit subgroups
- Create a process that allows rapid assessment, response, and action to the evolving community and nonprofit needs
- Look into and implement appropriate technology and/or other methods that support the delivery of statewide services
- Finish a feasibility analysis of an accreditation program for members to increase marketability and credibility among stakeholders
- Offer affordable training and conferences that meet the different needs of nonprofit organizations across the state of Utah
- Continue to develop and implement the communication strategy, including the sharing of pertinent information about nonprofits to the right audience in the most effective manner
- Offer a range of services to entry level to senior nonprofit employees and volunteers.
- Create and explore nonprofit discount and reciprocal agreements for member training with nonprofit support organizations
- Reexamine the member fee structure, and make changes to better meet membership needs
- Increase the capacity of nonprofit volunteer
- Start a public awareness campaign targeting the government and for-profit sectors to highlight the importance of nonprofits in Utah
- The Board of Directors should include representatives from the government and private sectors, as well as a broad and inclusive representation from nonprofit organizations
- Offer compelling annual reports on the nonprofit sector in Utah, including the Impact of the Utah Nonprofit Sector, Salary Survey, Legislative Fact Sheet, and UNA Annual Report.
- Identify, address, and, as soon as an opportunity presents itself, introduce legislation to tackle issues affecting the nonprofit sector
- Diversify funding sources so that revenue streams, programs, and operations do not rely too heavily on just one source
- Investigate the possibility of partnering or merging with nonprofit support partners to increase efficiency, improve services, and better leverage resources and infrastructure
- Finish an aspirational organizational diagram to support the 3-year strategic and growth plan
- Implement and explore appropriate technology to support UNA’s activities.
- Create a succession plan, which includes all staff positions, to make sure continuity of service upon staff vacancy
4900 S Highland Drive
Salt Lake City
You can read more about Nonprofit Grants to Start a Nonprofit on the dedicated page for that information.