Pet Medical Assistance Program – Blue Ribbon Charitable Foundation

Last Updated on August 21, 2023 by Hannah Stevens

Requirements for Assistance

Before submitting a request, please read through the entire process.

Only residents of Indian River County may apply for PMAP.

PMAP is for non-emergency medical care. Sometimes they can help with an emergency that is already under the care of a veterinarian.

You may submit your application online or you can have a copy of the application mailed to you.

All Funding goes directly towards the veterinarian hospital that treats the pet.

Therefore, before funding can be confirmed, a veterinarian must have seen your pet, so that diagnosis and prognosis can be determined.

Moreover, complete all areas of the application, including your contact information, treatment veterinarian and their contact information.

They are restricted from assisting, but they do not limit themselves, in the following situations because of their limited funds:

  • Spay/neuter
  • Vaccinations
  • Non-spayed pets
  • Those used for breeding.

They can also refer you to other organizations who may have the funds for these purposes.

They work directly with your veterinarian and have funds paid directly to them. Therefore, they cannot assist with any past due accounts or paid bills.

Indoor family pets are their priority. Only pets with proof of adoption from the local shelter will be accepted.

Pet owners must be able provide basic care to their pets, including but not limited to food, vaccinations, and a comfortable and safe home.

The maximum grant amount per applicant is $500.00. Each household or applicant can only be assisted once per year. PMAP can only assist one pet per household in the event of multiple pets.

The prognosis of your pet is a key factor in funding. They will discuss your case with your veterinarian to determine if your pet is eligible for funding.

They are an equal-opportunity organization. Therefore, funding is not determined based on race, color, or sexual orientation.

Please refer to the Income Requirements for Qualification.

For any questions, please call 772-562-1357. You can also fax them at 772-569-7337.

We also have a grand list of Pet Grants in all the states.

How to Apply

This service is available to Indian River County residents and their pets. For assistance, please read through the requirements and income details. Then, go to the application page and submit. After your application has been reviewed, a representative will get in touch with you.

Income Requirements

An application may be submitted by animal owners who have an annual income up to 60% of Indian River County’s median income.

The maximum amount that a potential recipient can earn in the year 2012 is:

  • Single person household $22,680.00
  • 2 person household $25,920.00
  • 3 person household $29,160.00
  • 4 person household $32,340.00  annually.

A sliding scale that is income-based determines the amount of assistance to be awarded. This is subject to change each year.

Applicants must provide proof of income in the form of a photocopy of a recent check stub, which includes year-to-date figures, copy of the benefits statement, or letter from the provider that states the amount, frequency, and duration of the benefit, etc. Your proof of income must be recent, and preferably within the past 30-60 days. You cannot use tax returns and forms.

You can also take a look at Emergency Veterinary Assistance – youcanmakeadifference,inc. and Jacksonville Humane Society.