Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance – Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission

Last Updated on August 22, 2023 by Hannah Stevens

Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance Available

Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission continuously provides assistance to COVID-19 households with past due rent or mortgage payments, and to prevent water and sewer disruptions. Multiple programs offer assistance for gas, electric, and bulk fuel (propane), and also assistance with other financial needs.

Did you remember to check out the PCUN Oregon Worker Relief Fund?

The agency has received additional funding to expand its ability to help those still affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. There are different guidelines for programs. This includes being at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, or being in the higher threshold of 80% of the Area Median Income in the county where the client lives. The benefits you receive may also vary. For more information, it is recommended that any person who has outstanding rent, mortgage, or other utility bills contact their local office.

Are you interested in more Free Money Grants and Government Grants for Individuals?

You must present documentation of how COVID-19 impacted your life. All household members must also provide income documentation for the last 30 days or 12 months (one program requires 3 months of income documentation, but clients can be eligible based only on the past 30 days). Additionally, social security numbers, past due mortgage notices, water/sewer disconnect notices, eviction notices, photo ID, proof U.S. citizenship/legal residence for all household members, and any other documentation are required. The application process must only be done via phone, and no in-person applications are allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions. It is also for the safety and well-being of the community and staff. Please contact your local KHCA office.

Don’t forget to look up the information on the HFLS: General Needs Loan.

Contact Information

  • Coshocton County: 740-622-9801
  • Knox County: 740-397-0378
  • Holmes County: 330-674-6479
  • Ashland County: 419-281-4327