Last Updated on August 21, 2023 by Hannah Stevens
You can also take a look at the pet grants from all the other states.
Community Support Services
The San Diego Humane Society has a variety of programs that can help pets stay with their families during difficult times. Here you’ll find all the services related to pet care, including assistance with behavior and training, pet food and supplies, and veterinary care. They provide additional resources for military personnel and members of the community who are victims to domestic violence or those with housing insecurity to give support for the whole family.
They are available to assist you! For any questions, please call 619-299-7120. One of the members of their team will be glad to assist you.
Voucher Program and Assistance with Veterinary Care
San Diego Humane Society’s voucher program provides assistance for pet families who need it the most. We do not require proof that you qualify for assistance, though we may ask a few questions to better understand you and your situation.
Please note, an application does not guarantee funding but is a required step. Once an application has been reviewed, you will receive an email with follow-up instructions.
Our teams can provide support or referrals on a case-by-case basis. If additional funding is required, we recommend reaching out to other organizations for support.
If your pet is in an emergency situation where a delay will put their life at risk, it is your responsibility to seek critical care for your pet immediately.
- The weight of your pet will determine the amount of funding.
- The vouchers must be used at a participating veterinarian clinic (locations are noted in the application).
Veterinary Care Vouchers
- The funding is limited and may only cover $200 per voucher.
- This does not apply to dental services or procedures that have been completed and paid for.
- You must use the vouchers at a local veterinary clinic that accepts them.
- Before you submit your application, it is strongly recommended that you choose a local veterinarian clinic. Then, ask for an estimate of the cost of your visit and confirm that the clinic accepts a San Diego Humane Society coupon.
PLEASE NOTE: READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU START THE APPLICATION:
- At the beginning of your application, you will need to choose a date/time. This is an application PLACEHOLDER and not an official appointment with a veterinarian. Please try again later if there is no availability or you receive an error message.
- San Diego Humane Society vouchers cannot be used. It is your responsibility to make an appointment directly with the veterinary clinic specifically listed on your voucher.
- Please only submit one application per pet.
- If you don’t have a valid address, please use the address of the San Diego campus: 5500 Gaines Street, San Diego, CA 922110.
- Vouchers can be sent via email. You can “skip email confirmation” if you don’t have one, and the team will contact you via phone.