Wyoming Small Business Grants
Last Updated on April 6, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
The federal government allocates the majority of the budget of more than $2,604.00 million dollars in grants and additional $2,214.00 million dollars of local government funding sources annually into the business sector since small businesses and large corporations make up the backbone of Wyoming’s economic growth. The state of Wyoming has 17,716 businesses, and they are broken down into the following:
Wyoming Business Sector Breakdown by Size
- 10,472 registered businesses in Wyoming have 0 to 4 employees. This breakdown includes those who work from home and have sole proprietorship.
- 3,048 registered businesses in Wyoming have 5 to 9 employees.
- 1,806 registered businesses in Wyoming have 10-19 employees.
- 1,336 registered businesses in Wyoming have 20-99 employees.
- 379 registered businesses in Wyoming have 100 to 499 employees.
- Over 675 registered businesses in Wyoming have over 500 employees.
Wyoming Business Sector Breakdown in Service Industries
- 1,948 registered businesses in Wyoming are in the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector.
- 934 registered businesses in Wyoming are part of the Administrative, Support, Waste Management, and Remediation Services sector.
- 1,732 registered businesses in Wyoming belong in the Accommodation and Food Services sector.
- More than 1,830 registered businesses in Wyoming are also service orientated businesses, but are not included in the categories above.
You may also be eligible to apply for grants for small businesses if you work in the agriculture industry. The state of Wyoming has more than 11,000 farms.
Small Businesses in Wyoming
It is difficult to start and manage a small business in Wyoming. More than $8,244,330,000.00 US dollars is spent on employee salaries/payroll in the state, and every year, over 1,499 companies declare bankruptcy. The federal government doesn’t provide grants publicly for expanding or starting a business. However, Wyoming offers some small business grants to help business owners start and grow their ventures. Moreover, grant recipients don’t have to repay the government funding. So, it is worth looking into small business grants to help fund your business.
Contact Wyoming financial aid agencies to apply for business grants in Wyoming.
Recent State Funding Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities recently published in the local state: