Last Updated on August 9, 2022 by Danielle McDonald
Did you read about the Nonprofit Grants in New Mexico?
New York State Associations
There are two state associations for nonprofits in New York. Below is more detailed information about each association.
The New York Council of Nonprofits (NYCON) was founded in 1927. It is a 501 (C)(3) membership-based, mission-driven, statewide association of various charitable nonprofit organizations. They are a key support and information provider, and a collective policy voice for the nonprofit sector.
The association has over 3,000 members, and they work to strengthen the capacity of nonprofits and communities to improve the quality of life through cost-effective, responsive service. In addition, they establish long-term, multi-layered service relationships with the member nonprofits.
In order to directly help and educate their nonprofit constituencies, they also work closely with the government (federal and state) and the private sector (community foundations, private foundations, and United Ways).
You can also check out the Nonprofit Grants in North Carolina.
NYCON: Why should you join?
In simpler terms, NYCON is New York State’s best resource for nonprofits.
- The members have access to a wide range of quality, cost-saving group buying and discounted programs. These include insurance, employee benefits, payroll outsourcing, and publication discounts.
- They offer a variety of tailored, comprehensive training options, and specialized technical assistance services.
- They offers legal and financial support.
- The association provide both fiscal sponsorship and nonprofit incubation.
- Moreover, they offer community stakeholders needs assessments, applied research, consortium and coalition development, program development and evaluation, grant management. They also act as a leader agency.
New York 12204
Nonprofit New York was created to unite and strengthen the nonprofits in the state. They are building a vibrant community of exceptional nonprofits — a constant, collective force for good. They have nearly 1,600 member organizations, and they have been building a strong nonprofit community in New York for 35 years. This organization believes that if one nonprofit is stronger, then all of us will be stronger. Nonprofit New York, a 501(c),3 nonprofit membership organization, is based in Manhattan.
320 East 43rd Street
You can read more about Nonprofit Grants to Start a Nonprofit on the dedicated page for that information.